SUMMER

RECIPES FOR SUMMER....JUNE 21 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 22



Thursday, December 16, 2010

ALMOND ROCA

This is a new blog for me and so I thought I should start off with a new recipe I have not made before. Almond Roca. I grew up in Washinton state where Brown and Haley have their candy making company and they have the original Almond Roca. My mother just loves this candy and so this recipe is dedicated to her...love you mom.
1 pound butter (no substituting here)
1 cup white, granulated sugar
1 cup packed, brown sugar
1 1/2 cups chopped almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-12 ounce package milk chocolate chips
(use a good quality here)
More chopped almonds to sprinkle on top
(you may use sliced like I did)
Using a heavy 3-quart sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugars to melted butter and stir well until sugar dissolves. Keep stiring until , using a candy thermometer, hard crack stage is reached about 300 degrees. Remove from heat and add chopped almonds and vanilla. Pour into buttered cookie sheet (one with a ridge on it) I found a pizza pan worked best for me. I used a disposable one and it worked great.( it measured 13 inches across)
Let this cool for about 5 minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top I started with half of the bag but used 3/4 of the bag. I also chose not to do the other side(to messy when eating) and so I ended up with a few extra chips. Spread the chocolate across the candy when melted and sprinkle on the chopped or sliced almonds. Break into pieces when cooled and store in a tin or jar. Plastic is not recommended. I lined my tin with wax paper first.
~~ENJOY~~
This is a great gift for the holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment