SUMMER

RECIPES FOR SUMMER....JUNE 21 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 22



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

CHRISTMAS SPINACH SALAD

12 cups bitesize pieces of spinach
(Iused half spinach and half romaine)
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups honeydew melon balls
1/2 cup toasted pecans
(broken or whole)
1/2 cup Gouda ( cubed or sliced)
Toss all ingredients together and keep chilled until ready to use
DRESSING
I used a Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing from the produce section of my grocery store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I found this recipe in an older Betty Crocker holiday magazine you see displayed near the checkout at your favorite grocery store. I changed it a little and didn't use the dressing they suggested. I think it was good and a healthier version side for my Christmas dinner. Also good if you have vegetarians at your Holiday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment