SUMMER

RECIPES FOR SUMMER....JUNE 21 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 22



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ROASTED ALMONDS

I am always looking for a healthy snack. I have to eat small meals or snacks six times a day so it makes a difference what I choose. I happen to be at Target and picked up a small bag of roasted almonds $.99 for about 2 oz. This got me thinking so today I tried to make them myself.
~~~~~~~~~
1 cup raw almonds
a little salt and a little olive oil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
preheat oven to 400 degrees
On a small cookie sheet sprinkle the olive oil. Place almonds on and toss ,then put in oven.
Bake for 5 minutes and toss again. Bake another 5 minutes. They should be close to being done. If you need a little more time go every 2 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle with sea salt.
I love the way they turned out and I like them better than the store bought. I now have a snack ready to go and because I buy my raw almonds in bulk at Sam's Club I save money. You can control the amount of oil and salt to what ever your needs are.
Almonds make a really good protein snack and have been helping me not feel so tired...you might want to give these a try.
~~~~~
ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Have you compared their nutritional value raw versus roasted. I love nuts and mostly eat raw and have it on my to do list to find out more about what happens to nuts at the farm and how they are processed. Convenience, as you point out, sure can be expensive, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Thanks for stopping by MGCC today. Your toasted almonds look good. You asked about using you Kitchen Aid...that would work perfect! Good luck on the book draw! Enjoy the day. Kathy

    ReplyDelete